Home . . Care and Services . .Rice Rehabilitation Center . . Occupational Therapy
Rice Rehabilitation offers occupational therapy services for all ages. Occupational Therapists focus on helping individuals improve their ability to perform the activities that are part of the their everyday life that may be affected by physical limitations, cognitive impairments or pain.
The goal of the occupational therapy program is to maximize the return of lost function from an injury by restoring physical ability, teaching new skills, and/or through modifying activities that will help increase your independence with the work, self-care, and leisure activities that are important to you.
Treatment plans may include:
- Evaluations of a patient's abilities to perform daily activities at home, work, or school
- Recommendations for adaptive equipment
- Training on the use of adaptive equipment
- Guidance and education for family members and caregivers
Who can benefit from Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapists can help all ages, from infants to older adults. We may focus on developmental, cognitive, physicial, or psychological needs.
Rice Rehabilitation Center offers programs in:
- Pediatrics (Children’s Therapy)
- Sensory Processing Concerns
- Hand and Upper Extremity Rehabilitation
- Functional Retraining
- Neurologic Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Vision Impairments
- Wheelchair Evaluation
- Seating/Pressure Mapping
- Concussion Management
- Lymphedema Therapy
- Cognitive Impairments
- Parkinson’s Clinic
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Work Station Assessment and On-Site Job Analysis
Learn more about the Common Injuries and Conditions we treat...
Learn more about our Services and Treatments...